Saturday, January 1, 2011

What is freedom?

THE EVOLUTION OF FREEDOM

When I was born,
I longed for freedom to suck my mother’s breast whenever I liked.
Starting to crawl I craved for freedom to touch the fire.
When I started staggering I desired for freedom to run here and there.
When I started running I longed to be carried by all.
When I started to go to school I longed to stay back at home.
When I finished my grade 10 I thought I would be free from exams.
When I started my career, I aspired to sit back and enjoy retirement.
When I am old, I longed to be cared by others.
When I realized that I was going to die, I longed to live forever.
When I died, others would be free from this rigid old man.
Being in the hell, I want to be in heaven enjoying the freedom of the children of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment